10/14/08

Tuesday You Tube Finds


Steve Ford and David Forlano met in Italy two decades ago during a "year abroad" program in art school.  They were immediately intrigued with the differences in their artistic styles and began swapping unfinished work, each adding something of himself to the other's designs. Eventually this led to a professional partnership which has developed into the most elegant line of polymer clay jewelry that I've ever seen.  Their use of color, texture and form is unparalleled - breaking common shapes apart and re assembling them in unique and often whimsical ways.


This video is a fascinating peek behind the scenes, allowing a first hand glimpse into the running of a successful, artistic studio.



3 comments:

HappyDayArt! said...

I've always love these 3 even when they were only the 2 of Citizen Cane. Nice addition Lora! I want to go to that school.

Catherine

Lora Hart said...

Me too! I might actually look into it. Not that I can ever take a vacation. Wah!

Ruth said...

It's interesting to hear about a successful collaboration. I tried a collaboration project with another etsy team....and I've also tried one with another artist I met online. It's tricky though..... Taking two very different people with different ideas, mediums, skills, approaches and trying to get one cohesive piece from them...Hmmm.... Anyone else tried collaboration?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...